Preparing for Your Session
It is important for you to bring your photo ID with you to your session, to support your claim application. If you have a Claim Form or personal narrative that you have already started, please bring it with you so we can build on the work you have already done.
- Photo ID
- Claim Form and personal narrative (if you’ve started it)
- Personal comfort items
- Support person or support items
Acceptable forms of valid government-issued identification include:
- Social insurance card
- Driver’s license card
- Provincial/territory photo card
- Birth certificate
- Old age security (OAS) identification card
- Firearms possession and acquisition license (PAL)
- Official military ID
- Nexus card
- Bring Your ID (BYID) card (age of majority card)
- Permanent resident card
- U.S. state ID
- Certificate of Canadian citizenship
- Indian status card
- Certificate of Indian status (CIS)
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS)
- Land claim beneficiary card (Inuit)
Please note that health cards are NOT acceptable forms of ID for privacy reasons. Membership cards issued by an organization, or cards issued by a city, municipality or region are also not acceptable forms of ID, as they are not issued by a state, provincial, territorial or federal government.
If you do not have any of the above forms of ID, you can fill out a Sworn Declaration at Part 6 of the Claim Form.
Our Community Support Team is available to answer questions about our service and assist with booking, changing or cancelling an appointment. You can call us at 1-877-515-7525 or email us at email@example.com.