If you missed the Indian Day Schools Claims Support Session – Help is still available. To register for a session call us at 1-877-515-7525.
Upon calling in, you will be able to book a session or can be connected with your dedicated Claims Assistant for a session via phone or video call.
Preparing For Your Session
It is important for you to bring your photo ID with you to your session, to support your claim application. If you have a Claim Form or personal narrative that you have already started, please bring it with you so we can build on the work you have already done.
- Photo ID
- Claim Form and personal narrative (if you’ve started it)
- Personal comfort items
- Support person
Acceptable forms of valid government-issued identification include:
- Social insurance card
- Driver’s license card
- Provincial/territory photo card
- Birth certificate
- Old age security (OAS) identification card
- Firearms possession and acquisition license (PAL)
- Official military ID
- Nexus card
- Bring Your ID (BYID) card (age of majority card)
- Permanent resident card
- U.S. state ID
- Certificate of Canadian citizenship
- Indian status card
- Certificate of Indian status (CIS)
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS)
- Land claim beneficiary card (Inuit)
Please note that health cards are NOT acceptable forms of ID for privacy reasons. Membership cards issued by an organization, or cards issued by a city, municipality or region are also not acceptable forms of ID, as they are not issued by a state, provincial, territorial or federal government.
If you do not have any of the above forms of ID, you can fill out a Sworn Declaration at Part 6 of the Claim Form.
Kuujjuaq (Quebec) Health And Safety
Our Community Support Team is available to answer questions about our service and assist with booking, changing or cancelling an appointment. You can call us at 1-877-515-7525 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.