Community Support Sessions connect you with a personal Claims Assistant along with cultural, healing and legal supports.
Preparing for Your Session
It is important for you to bring your photo ID with you to your session, to support your claim application. If you have a Claim Form or personal narrative that you have already started, please bring it with you so we can build on the work you have already done.
- Photo ID
- Claim Form and personal narrative (if you’ve started it)
- Personal comfort items
- Support person or support items
Acceptable forms of valid government-issued identification include:
- Social insurance card
- Driver’s license card
- Provincial/territory photo card
- Birth certificate
- Old age security (OAS) identification card
- Firearms possession and acquisition license (PAL)
- Official military ID
- Nexus card
- Bring Your ID (BYID) card (age of majority card)
- Permanent resident card
- U.S. state ID
- Certificate of Canadian citizenship
- Indian status card
- Certificate of Indian status (CIS)
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS)
- Land claim beneficiary card (Inuit)
Please note that health cards are NOT acceptable forms of ID for privacy reasons. Membership cards issued by an organization, or cards issued by a city, municipality or region are also not acceptable forms of ID, as they are not issued by a state, provincial, territorial or federal government.
If you do not have any of the above forms of ID, you can fill out a Sworn Declaration at Part 6 of the Claim Form.
Our Community Support Team is available to answer questions about our service and assist with booking, changing or cancelling an appointment. You can call us at 1-877-515-7525 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.